If you were referred by a PBS member but that member didn't get a credit for the referral...
This means that you have either not Posted 10 books to your PBS bookshelf yet, OR you did not provide your referrer's PBS Nickname or PBS User Email when you registered, and the referral was not recorded OR the new account is not the first account for a household OR you have not activated your account yet by entering your mailing address.
- Full name alone will not work at registration to record a referral: too many people share names
- Only the first account for a household grants referral credit.
- Your account will not be activated as a referral until you have entered your mailing address; you will be asked to do this the first time you request or send a book, or you can do it manually from your My Account / Settings page.
To record the referral:
- Contact us and provide one of the following:
- your referrer's PBS Nickname
- your referrer's PBS User Email (the email address at which he or she receives PBS mail)
- your referrer's full name AND city/state
- The referred person must contact us to get the referral recorded; the referrer should not contact us.
How do I refer others to PaperBackSwap?