Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Freethinkers, Atheism, Agnosticism

Topic: Where do I fit in ??

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Where do I fit in ??
Date Posted: 2/18/2012 7:06 PM ET

There are different discussion boards here and I do no think I know where I fit. (except the gardening forum) I do believe that there is an Living Energy source in the Universe and call it what you may .  I do not like religion and all of its **** . The closest to what I believe is probably what you would call Spirituality.  The Religion and Spirituality forum is mostly Religion which really upsets me because I do not like the hate and pregidice  that comes about in the name of religion.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/19/2012 9:13 PM ET

I post in many of the subcategories in these forums.  You'll see me post in the Christian portion, here in the "Freethinkers..." portion, and also in the "Religion..." portion.

Make a few posts and see how it goes over.  It's really the only way to tell.

ETA:  In your profile it says you are into "New Age Spirituality", so I'd suggest probably posting in the "Religion and Spirituality" area.  A variety of spiritual views are posted there.

Last Edited on: 2/19/12 9:15 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: I will look closer
Date Posted: 2/21/2012 3:55 PM ET

It seemed to me that it was more geared to Religionthan to the new age part of Spirituality. I do not want to get into debates but would like to find about books to read that are in my interests.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/21/2012 6:41 PM ET

Somebody a few months ago asked for "Asatru" (reconstructionist  Norse) and he got a few helpful recommendations.  Post there and give it a try.

Last Edited on: 2/21/12 6:41 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
polbio avatar
Kat (polbio) -
Date Posted: 2/21/2012 10:24 PM ET

Joan,

I think this forum would fit for you. I am a Naturalist Panthiast which believes in the energy source, as you call it. I use to read a lot fo Richard Bach and others in "new age" spiritual category when I was a teen. Now I encourage my girls to read them. I post (occassionally) in both this forum and the religous/spirituality forum.

Kat

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: I have read books by these authors.
Date Posted: 2/22/2012 4:25 PM ET

George Anderson,dannion Brinkley,Courtney Brown,Robert Brown , Sylvia Browne,Allison DuBois,Betty EDie, John Edward,Bob Frissell,Jerry Hicks, John Holland,Phillip Krapf,Shirley Maclaine, Barbara Marciniak,Micheal Newton,James Van Praaugh,James Redfield,Miguel Ruiz,Gary E Schwartz,Jess Stern, Brad Stiger,Neale donald Walsh,Brian Weiss,Christine Wicker, Lisa Williams, Marry Ann Winkowski and a few others. Books of New Age (Mysticism) are slim  here or I have read them already so trying to find something new to add to my list.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/23/2012 6:49 PM ET

There are a lot on your list I don't think I've read and quite a few I didn't like.

I can give you suggestions based on Miguel Ruiz, though.  "The Alchemist" by Paul Coelho, "The Little Prince" by Antoine De Saint-Exupery, "The Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav, "The Teachings of Don Juan" by Carlos Castenada, and "The Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys" by Baha'u'llah.  There's a couple I didn't like in this list, but they are ones that people I know have suggested in the same vein.

You may also want to check out http://www.literature-map.com/ .  I've had good luck with this suggestion engine when typing in authors I liked.