Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Chick Lit Chick Lit

Topic: Thoughts on Anita Shreeve?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
craftnut avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: Thoughts on Anita Shreeve?
Date Posted: 4/4/2012 8:59 AM ET

I finished Light On Snow and liked it.  I have Sea Glass in my TBR pile.  Just wondering if others have read more of her books and an overall opinion.  Any recommendations for particular books by her?

berd avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/4/2012 1:52 PM ET

I read one of hers that I liked, The Pilot's Wife.  It was a bit sad, but the overall book was good.

I tried reading All He Ever Wanted, but I couldn't get into it. I read about 3 chapters but it just never pulled me in.

WBfromNY avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2012 7:32 AM ET

I loved "Light on Snow" that was my favorite one! I could read it again.

mwelday avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal10th Anniversary PBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Coordinator medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: Read several...won't read more
Date Posted: 8/8/2012 7:33 PM ET

I've read several Anita Shreve books:

Light on Snow

The Pilot's Wife

The Last Time They Met

Resistence

Fortune's Rocks

All He Ever Wanted

Sea Glass

You would think if I've read all of these I must really love Shreve, but I've been waiting to be 'wow-ed' by her.  I think of all of them I liked Resistence and Fortune's Rocks the most.  I read the others b/c they got good reviews but I just didn't think they were all that great.  Her writing style typically leaves me wanting more and I don't feel 'swept awa' for lack of a better word by her characters or events.  Overall, below average I think.  I've stopped giving her a chance.

megt avatar
Date Posted: 3/7/2013 9:26 PM ET
I have read a few of hers but still have Resistance on mybTBR, need to move it up
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 8/26/2014 8:43 PM ET

I just finished her latest, Stella Bain. . .sappy pap. I'm done with her.

Rose

berd avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2014 7:50 PM ET

I've been trying to read Testimony & I am now into chapter 3 but I must say it's boring me to tears!  Plus, it's hard to follow.  I'm just glad I only spent a quarter on it at a thrift store.