Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - LGBTQ LGBTQ

Topic: Suggestions needed: m/m romance start out straight

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
scifiponygirl avatar
Subject: Suggestions needed: m/m romance start out straight
Date Posted: 5/22/2014 5:16 AM ET

I'm looking for reading suggestions.  

I know there are many "gay for you" gay romance...where one of the couple starts out thinking they are straight and fall in love with a gay guy. Need suggestions for this type of romance story.

But I'm also looking for any stories that have two straight guys who fall in love with each other...any suggestions?

fangrrl avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 5/29/2014 11:19 PM ET

Probably, but it's been a long day and titles are escaping me.

There is a tag list of 'gay for you' and some of the titles may appeal to you.  At a quick glance, there's some very good reading on that list.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/1/2014 8:10 PM ET

Thanks for the suggestion Denise! 

Last Edited on: 6/1/14 8:16 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
scifiponygirl avatar
Date Posted: 6/1/2014 8:18 PM ET

Shawn beat me too it!  I appreciate the suggestions.  Actually have a few on that list....now if I can only get my hands on more of them!  wink

fangrrl avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 7/3/2014 12:57 AM ET

Here's a new release, Tequila Mockingbird by Rhys Ford.  It's 3rd in a series...but IMO all her backlist is great!

Yaoi fans might like Heroes & Ghosts by S.A. Payne. Was hoping the author would write more, not haven't found anything so far.

Last Edited on: 7/3/14 1:00 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/20/2014 4:40 AM ET

Recently read two books that are where two "straight " guys fall in love.  

The Rebuilding Year by Kaje Harper: "Losing nearly everything leaves room for the one thing they can?t live without. — A few excruciating minutes pinned in a burning building cost Ryan Ward his job as a firefighter, the easy camaraderie of his coworkers, his girlfriend, and damn near cost him his left leg. Giving up, though, isn?t an option. Compared to the alternative, choosing a new profession, going back to school, and renting a room from the college groundskeeper are simple.

Until he realizes he?s falling in love with his housemate, and things take a turn for the complicated.
John Barrett knows about loss. After moving twice to stay in touch with his kids, he could only watch as his ex-wife whisked them away to California. Offering Ryan a room seems better than rattling around the empty house, but as casual friendship moves to something more, and a firestorm of emotions ignite, the big old house feels like tight quarters.
It?s nothing they can?t learn to navigate, though. But when dead bodies start turning up on campus?and one of the guys is a suspect?their first taste of real love could go up in smoke.
Warning: Contains two hot men wrestling with a shift in their sexuality, as well as a few positions probably listed in the Gay Kama Sutra. But it?s not all about the hot and sweaty?especially when your previously straight life knocks on the door and comes back to visit.
 "

Lovers Dreamers and Me
Author: Willa Okati
"Tolliver's buried his own life in taking care of his sister and the independent bookstore his grandmother left him. That doesn't leave much time for romance or for fun. Sarah, his sister, thinks he's getting hidebound and decides to do a little matchmaking. The problem is that her choice is another man, and Tolliver's not gay. — It turns out, Noble's not either. But he is attracted to Tolliver, deeply, and as a seer, he knows they can be together, if they can just figure this out. He's not above using his psychic gifts to draw them together on a sexual journey to self-discovery, but the road has more twists and turns--and toys--than even he ever dreamed. "

Last Edited on: 7/20/14 4:51 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
BrownEyesBlue avatar
Date Posted: 11/19/2017 1:05 AM ET

Check out Tere Michaels - Faith, Love & Devotion series