Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: ***SEPT WISHES****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: ***SEPT WISHES****
Date Posted: 8/31/2023 8:50 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about those posts should be done by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer requests are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted, etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards or stamps, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc, but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2023 8:26 AM ET

Happy Sept. everyone! Hope it's a good month for everyone.

My wishes this month are: Could use more of the powder drink mixes that you add to water bottles. Love the diet tea ones, grape, 7-UP flavor, or orange. (NO LEMONADE OR GREEN TEA, PLEASE)

Also, if anyone has any spare stickers that aren't kid style or school related, I could sure some. I'm completely out.

Thanks to anyone that can grant my wishes.

Last Edited on: 9/25/23 6:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2023 10:49 AM ET

Hoping for no stress this month. It was a challenging last 2 months.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2023 11:10 AM ET

Prayers always to all for joy, faith, and health! May this new month and season be a happy one for all of dear you! I A kind and permanent end to Covid of course, too and for all to be safe. Thank you all always for the kind difference you each make to so very many. 

I would appreciate a one paragraph example to  a share a friend wrote for a book I am working on. Please PM me. I can also use still one child drawn illustration. 

Glitter free Blank note or birthday cards are always appreciated and will be used to spread faith and friendship, I promise! 

I would appreciate some Glitter free Autumn or Happy Thanksgiving stickers. I do not celebrate traditional Halloween just as a heads up so none of that type of card or sticker needed. I could also sue some birthday stickers. 

New Jigsaw Puzzle Wish: For anyone going to the Dollar Tree, I am starting to ask this super early as I know these days 100 piece puzzles are hard to find! I would appreciate a 100 piece Birthday Related Puzzle. If it said, Happy Birthday, even better. Doesn't have to. I would also extra love one of there 60 piece (I believe) United States map jigsaw puzzles. Any cute or pretty 100 piece puzzle always welcome. Dogs, (no cats), flowers (no butterflies), landscapes, seasonal, etc. I would need a puzzle to be new in its box. Thank you so very much! 

As always, I do respectfully ask that anything sent to me come from a non smoking home.  

Thank you. God Bless you! :)  

Last Edited on: 9/18/23 10:32 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
tommygirl avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2023 12:13 PM ET

Last Edited on: 9/26/23 4:39 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2023 1:19 PM ET

Sept wishes:  Anything Halloween:stickers,papers,etc.,colored envelopes,x-mas cards,postcards (new or used)

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 9/2/2023 4:00 PM ET

I can use coupons for Arby's ( one item ones, not '2 for'), Culver's, Wendy's ( one item ones, not '2 for') or Panera's. They are helpful for the several days a week when I volunteer and have to grab lunch out. 

Last Edited on: 9/6/23 6:10 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/5/2023 7:58 PM ET

My wishes are:

1. Anything Droopy or Chilly Willy related

2. Anything  from 1971(doing a mini tribute to my mom and dad's anniversary)

3. Coupons-any you have extra of and any from the Internet that you print out and can't use

4. Any kind of Cherry decor

5. Basset hound or beagle pictures or mini posters

6. Stick on earrings(popular in the 80s for girls)

Thanks for reading. Post your unique wishes and I might be able to help you out. :)

nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 9/7/2023 11:08 AM ET

Thank you for looking and giving thru the RAOKs.  

thanks to all that have sent mini cookbooks & recipes, we all appreciate the time and vast selection that we've gotten and our binder projects are getting a starter collection of recipes because of those RAOKs. thank you, thank you~~  

Last Edited on: 9/26/23 10:29 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
kevinsbebe avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/7/2023 7:11 PM ET

I'm looking for a prayer cloth or similiar item. Something I can carry in my pocket/purse. Would love any and all prayers for my husband's upcoming surgery. It's major surgery and I'm extremely nervous. Also if anyone has any adult coloring books they want rid of I'd love to take them. They help with my anxiety. Thanks for looking and have a blessed day.

beaugoose avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/12/2023 9:02 PM ET

I am anticipating throwing a retirement party for my boss next summer.  If anyone has any extra decorations or themed paper goods, I'd take them off your hands.

Thanks!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/18/2023 10:31 AM ET

New Puzzle Wish added. Thank you :)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 9/18/2023 10:03 PM ET

Looking for a cross stitch pattern for Garfield bike riding  (Had a book including this pattern but is's disappeared)

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/25/2023 6:24 PM ET

Added to my wish list above.

txbookhound avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/27/2023 1:54 PM ET

Joyce B (tripletmom) has been battling a bad case of COVID, this on top of a move across state lines.  I'm sure she'd appreciate happy mail, and   I have her new address if anyone wants to send a card. 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Subject: PRAYERS, please
Date Posted: 9/29/2023 3:27 PM ET

Need prayers: for my baby sister, Kate, who lives on Long Island. She is having a flare-up of Lyme disease. She is in a lot of pain and it hurts to move at all.

--for a safe move tomorrow with the U-haul to get my youngest daughter, Megan, into her apartment in Tallahassee (about a 5 hour drive for us). She is enjoying her new job! Prayers for me as I adjust to being an empty-nester! Dave will be driving the truck and I will be driving alone (need my car to get us home on Sunday!)

-- for repose of the soul of my middle sister's MIL, Colleen, in IL. She died unexpectedly in the nursing home where they had just moved her to a few months ago.  She was sufferering from dementia and couldn't stay in her home alone anymore.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/29/2023 3:45 PM ET

Hugs and prayers, Jeanne all-around. 

I would also appreciate extra prayers for my feet. Long story. Please take care of your feet, my friends! 

WingsPawsNMagick avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/30/2023 1:21 PM ET

Hey buddies 

my wishes;

1.  The new chobani yogurts are out... Halloween theme.. I could sure use the colorful cardboard packaging for my junk journals. 

2.  The movie TROLLS ; a sticker or 2 if you have any 

3.  Any random postcards New or used ... 

Thanks everybody 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: This thread is now closed!
Date Posted: 9/30/2023 9:48 PM ET

This thread is now closed.  Please move over to the October Wishes thread to post your heart's desires.  Thanks!