Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Going Green Going Green

Topic: Do you recycle your bubble envelopes?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/10/2011 1:38 PM ET

I also dig out of the recycling for packaging. It feels so much better than getting new!

buttonsandbooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/11/2011 10:27 PM ET

Anyone ever peel off the address labels to see how many times an envelope has been reused?  I believe the record so far is one I received that had been used 8 times.   I don't remember if I was able to use it for a ninth mailing.

tkhooper avatar
Date Posted: 1/24/2012 12:04 PM ET

When a bubble envelope can't be mailed one more time I usually cut it up to use as a wrap for small items.  Those bubbles just keep on giving lol.

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Subject: Recycle mailing envelopes
Date Posted: 2/22/2017 9:06 PM ET

Hope nobody is offended.  I re-use mailing envelopes any way I can figure out for sending out mostly books but other items also.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/23/2017 2:55 PM ET

I reuse the bubble mailers, and when they are dead I cut them up to put inside CDs and DVDs I'm mailing to keep them from rattling around in their cases.

frazzledspice avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 3/3/2017 11:35 PM ET

Why not recycle?  Better for the environment, and better for your pocketbook.  I also use the white plastic mailing envelopes my hubby's VA prescriptions come in, turn them inside out (no labels) and paste the PBS label on.  Waterproof and sturdy.  (They're plain silver on the inside).

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/3/2017 1:24 PM ET

I reuse bubble envelopes, but only once. After that, they simply don't protect what is shipped in them because many of the bubbles are stretched out of shape or have leaked much of their air. This is a big problem for heavier books. I've received too many damaged books this way and now, when ordering or requesting heavier books, I specifically ask them to package better.  

Page: