Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Christmas(holiday) Memories

Topic: A Recent Memory

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
CozSnShine avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: A Recent Memory
Date Posted: 12/22/2008 1:30 PM ET

Just four years ago my son and his wife were planning on getting married, but she didn't have a ring YET.

My husband and I knew that our son had bought the ring and was planning on giving it to her during the holidays sometime.

Family Christmas brunch at our home on the Sunday before Christmas.  Lots of presents to open.  All of a sudden the room got quite because the future wife was holding a tiny box in her hands.   Might it be a ring??  Oh how her eyes sparkled!  Opened it and oooooooops no it was diamond earrings.  A GREAT gift but not a ring.

Four times that Christmas she opened boxes that were ring boxes and none of them were rings.   She was sorta lovin it and sorta not!  My son was having the time of his life.  This quiet, shy son of mine was in love and was enjoying every minute of it.  

When he finally gave her the ring it was done in private and those memories belong to just them.

They always laugh and we always enjoy remembering the year of the RING or the NOT RING. 

starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/25/2009 12:30 AM ET

Last Edited on: 8/25/09 12:31 AM ET - Total times edited: 1