Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - June Hot Topics

Topic: RED TEAM SURVIVOR THREAD FOR TEAM DISCUSSION

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Bama-Booklover avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 5/25/2015 3:45 PM ET

Heather, hate to see you go.   So sorry we didn't win immunity...........

Bama-Booklover avatar
Date Posted: 5/25/2015 4:58 PM ET

I finished a paranormal mystery this afternoon:  I had a few already in my kindle library; added a few more.  I have enough dead tree mysteries to keep me going for a week, but I'm going to use the ebooks so I can use paranormal/sci fi mysteries I found and "kill two birds with one stone"......then my dead tree mysteries will be here if mysteries come up again........and I found a LONG paranormal mystery that I've added to my kindle library.......hope I can get it read.......

Bama-Booklover avatar
Date Posted: 5/26/2015 9:40 AM ET

I found a long book for our team!  700 pages!  Woohoo!  It's a paranormal and a mystery, and found out reading it quite the romance, more romance than I wanted......oh well.  The book is totally out of my element (werewolf, vampire, and witches all in one book)......but I'll read it for the team; in fact almost finished with it!!  

Bama-Booklover avatar
Date Posted: 5/27/2015 1:12 PM ET

How's my team doing?     I'm plugging away at a couple ebooks that are paranormal mysteries...

I was disappointed when I finished the 700 page book last night (3 books in one)....to find out it leaves you hanging and then tells you about book four where it's continued......I'll pass though because this book was totally out of my element.....

Bama-Booklover avatar
Date Posted: 5/27/2015 5:25 PM ET

I was able to finish those two books today at work; have another paranormal mystery and found two 150ish pages cozy mysteries for my kindle, I can knock these all and finish my two dead tree mysteries. 

Bama-Booklover avatar
Date Posted: 5/27/2015 8:29 PM ET

Just submitted books I've finished yesterday and today; have a few more to read this week.  I should have 10-12 finished which is more than I thought in the beginning........All of them are mysteries and most of them are also scifi/fantasy/paranormal....some were even romance as I stated before......not intentionally.

and who read a book almost 3000 pages?  Have you seen that?

TP avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 5/27/2015 10:36 PM ET

2624?  Is that even possible?  

Bizzy1 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/27/2015 11:31 PM ET

I'm Spying again!  I just saw Jamie's post about that book and had to come over to see if it was one of you guys who read it.  Unless it was Beverly on our team I don't think it was one of us.  I guess its possible if they have been working on it for awhile, they have had 4 weeks to work on it.  I'm not sure how anyone could have read that much in this week already though, I think they would have had to read 650 pages a day if they started it this week.  Its amazing either way!  I say Bravo, I never could have stuck with it!  I've been working on The Stand by Stephen King since the first time longest book showed up and I've still got about 14 hours left!   

ETA: I looked at the books and I think it was a mistake as far as I could tell there is no way any of the 42 books posted was actually that length.  

Last Edited on: 5/28/15 12:36 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
TP avatar
Date Posted: 5/28/2015 7:49 AM ET

Spies???  I must go over and check out the enemy camp!  

Bama-Booklover avatar
Date Posted: 5/28/2015 8:35 AM ET

That's true, someone could have been reading it all alone.........but I've never seen a book that big. 

Bizzy1 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/28/2015 8:06 PM ET

Lynn I just read a paranormal cozy mystery you might like better but sadly so far its a standalone.  Its about a barista with family problems, who's half sister gets murdered; she becomes one of the main suspects but she has a couple secrets, one being she has automatic writing (hence the paranormal).  Its not too woowoo mostly he spirit just gives her a few messages to help her out!  It wraps up nicely but I'd read more of them if she wrote more!  It was Grounds to Kill by Wendy Roberts, have you read it yet?  My kindle said 269 pages, so do all my other devices, but kindle lists it as 181 pages so its not too long either.      

Bama-Booklover avatar
Date Posted: 5/28/2015 8:58 PM ET

Thanks Bizzy, I'll look for it.  I like a little paranormal (like our pecan pie book!) but not the ones that are really out there......

TP avatar
Date Posted: 5/31/2015 6:24 PM ET

Longest book!  Uh oh!

What was your longest book this week?  Mine was 912 pages but I see 1000+ pgs books out there.

Page: