Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Crafting

Topic: Quilters?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Lambie avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/22/2014 11:38 PM ET

Carole, I know I looked at it before and I thought I had pinned it.  Guess not.  Now it's pinned for sure.   :)

craftnut avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/24/2014 7:02 PM ET

I'll be doing more tutorials, there are a couple on color of binding and thread making a difference in the quilt.  I am working on one on mitering printed border corners.  If you follow my blog you'll get an email with each post so you don't miss anything. 

Thanks, Chris, glad you found it useful.

craftnut avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 10/26/2014 6:22 PM ET

Hi fellow quilters!

Just to let you all know, the tutorials on my blog have increased a lot since I last posted!  They are all now listed in pages at the top of the blog, one for Quilting Tutorials, one for sewing, one for crafts, and one for recipes.  Hope you will all check in and browse (assuming everyone is still lurking around!).  I know I have been awol for a long time, but most of my energy is put into the blog now.

I have a quilting book deal in the book bazaar WL multiples thread, too.  There will be a bonus to anyone placing an order that mentions this thread and posts what you are quilting now.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/5/2017 10:50 PM ET

I have been a quilter since 1976.  I can remember that because my frist quilt was a bi-centennial theme.  I used to keep track of all the quils I made and take a picture of them and a little history of the quilt.  When I got to 350 or so my camera died and I stopped keeping track so I bet I have about 400 under my belt by now.  About half of them were quilts that I did for other people.  They would furnish me the top and I would hand quilt it for them.  I have 4 children that I made wedding quilts for, 11 grandchildren that also got wedding quilts and baby quilts when they were born and I am now expectin number 11 and 12 great grandchilren this April and May.  I make all of them baby quilts too.  I have a baby quilt on the frame now and am piecing another one.  Quilting is very addictive and can really get in your blood.

Page: