Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: Puzzle/Activity Book Swap-Mailing

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Puzzle/Activity Book Swap-Mailing
Date Posted: 4/22/2024 4:10 PM ET

Happy Monday and Earth Day friends. Do you enjoy solving crossword puzzle clues or finding the last word in a word search? Can you spot the differences or find the hidden images in the picture? Perhaps you enjoy Soduko or coloring books? All are most welcome to join in our new May Puzzle/Activity Book Swap.To participate please sign up within this thread by next Monday, April 29th. Please also indicate two puzzle/activity book preferences you may have. Each participant will be paired with one friend to send a puzzle book to. I will post partners on Tuesday, April 30th. I will PM all participants the entire list. PLEASE especially for this swap, do not feel obligated to send to anyone other than your one partner. I know costs in general keep rising as does postage. I am not able to send to more than one person. I would never want anyone to feel left out due to cost. Let's keep this fun and welcoming to all. Remember to PM me your complete mailing information including last name should I not already have it. 

My own puzzle preferences are: Super Play Pad Jumbo (from Dollar Tree) and Larger Print Word Searches meant for kids (I prefer kid's word searches to those for adults because there are less words, cuter themes, and often the print is bigger, too), 

Thank you. God Bless You. Let the puzzle fun begin! :)

Last Edited on: 4/30/24 9:21 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 4/22/2024 5:01 PM ET

I'm in......my preferences are sudoku ( not expert level)  and circle words ( word searches). 

Last Edited on: 4/27/24 9:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/24/2024 7:20 PM ET

Thanks, Jeanne. Who else would like to join? I know our friend Cheryl will. She has contacted PBS. Wòrking on coming back, yay. Hope all of you are having a good Wednesday :)

melange avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/25/2024 11:47 AM ET

I'll join! My preference would be word searches since I have several Sudoku books already. Spot the difference books are great too. 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/25/2024 2:40 PM ET

Welcome again Jeanne and Yvette. Who else? 

catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 4/26/2024 12:23 PM ET

I'm in!

I like most everything except sudoku: crosswords, word search, mazes, find the differences, logic puzzles, dot to dot, variety puzzles, etc. 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/26/2024 2:00 PM ET

Weekend hug to all. Welcome, Robin :)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/27/2024 3:50 PM ET

We're up to 5...6 God willing Cheryl is able to rejoin us :) Yvette, Jeanne, Robin, Ashley, and Mona. Anyone else? :)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/29/2024 10:19 PM ET

Cheryl is still working on coming back here. Last call for a 6th person to join. I will post pairings tomorrow. Sweet Dreams friends. 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/30/2024 9:32 PM ET

Good evening friends, prayers each of you had a good Tuesday. I wrote each of our names down on scraps of paper, folded them and shook them up, and came up the below pairings: 

Yvette sends to Jeanne

I send to Ashley

Robin sends to Yvette

Ashley sends to Robin

Jeanne sends to Me

This is easy because all four of you lovely friends like Word Searches best. I prefer Word Searches meant for kids in larger print or better Super Play Pad Jumbos from Dollar Tree. I also enjoy full color Hidden pictures meant for kids. I will PM everyone all addresses. Reminder that each of you are only asked to send to your one partner. Please post both when you have sent and received your puzzle book. Thank you all again for joining this new swap. Let the puzzle mailing begin! :) 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 5/1/2024 11:06 AM ET

Puzzle book ordered for Mona. Amazon delivery expected tomorrow.  

Great way to save on postage since I have a Prime membership......book cost me about what US postage would have been.

catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 5/2/2024 8:34 AM ET

Placed an Amazon order for Yvette this morning. :)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/2/2024 1:04 PM ET

Placed an Amazon order for Ashley last night :)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/3/2024 2:08 AM ET

Thank you dear Jeanne so much for the word search book. 

Sweet Dreams and a hug to all. 

Last Edited on: 5/3/24 2:09 AM ET - Total times edited: 1