Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** OCT WISHES (things you're hoping for) ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** OCT WISHES (things you're hoping for) ****
Date Posted: 9/30/2023 9:45 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.  To protect your privacy, please do not post your addresses in these threads - we prefer that you ask people to PM for your address.  Thanks!
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted, etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

libbylee1 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2023 8:19 AM ET

Wishes: Any items that can be added to my prize box at school for elementary school children. 

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2023 8:56 AM ET

Happy October everyone. Have a great month.

My wishes this month are:

White bubble wrappers and large manilla envelopes. I mail a lot of books off and am always running out of things to mail them in. Used is fine as long as in good condition.

Thanks to whomever can help.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2023 1:52 PM ET

Halloween stickers or cards,X-mas stickers or cards

WingsPawsNMagick avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2023 8:12 PM ET

Hey buddies 

my wishes;

1.  The new chobani yogurts are out... Halloween theme.. I could sure use the colorful cardboard packaging for my junk journals. 

2.  The movie TROLLS ; a sticker or 2 if you have any 

3.  Any random postcards New or used ... GRANTED / thank you 

Thanks everybody 

Last Edited on: 10/6/23 2:42 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/1/2023 9:41 PM ET

Happy October Friends, 

I pray this finds each of you safe, healthy and happy! My sincere prayer also that autumn has begun brightly for all of you and your families.  My most heartfelt other wish is for a kind, compassionate, and permanent end to the pandemic. 

Please see my Share and Care post and PM me if you would kindly contribute. I posted in that (PBS member only) forum for privacy. RAOK as you know is public viewable. 

I would greatly appreciate some extra foot healing prayers along with any recommendations any of you may have for a good supportive and cushioned indoor slipper or shoe to be worn on hard (not level in all places) laminate flooring. For slippers, my feet have always done better in bootie type slippers just as an FYI because they need the back. 

Item Wishes:  For anyone going to the Dollar Tree, I would tremendously appreciate some jigsaw puzzle help. These days, 100 piece puzzles seem so hard to find! 

I remember seeing at Dollar Trees in years past. Something like:

No cartoon character versions of this same idea, please. I believe these are all 60 or so pieces. 

Second puzzle wish would be a 100 piece (no more than 100 piece please) birthday related puzzle. If the puzzle actually said, Happy Birthday, even better. It doesn’t have to.  

Any cute or pretty 100 piece puzzle always welcome. Dogs, (no cats), flowers (no butterflies), landscapes, seasonal, etc. I would need any puzzle to be new in its box. 

Sticker Wishes: Autumn or Winter stickers. I don't celerate traditional Halloween so none of that type of sticker is needed. I would especially love any stickers or seals that say Happy Autumn, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday, or Merry Christmas (no abbreviations or symbols for Christmas please) on them. As always please no glitter or scented stickers. 

I respectfully as always ask that anything sent to me come from a no smoking home. 

Thank you so much. God Bless You! Sweet dreams, too :)  

jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/2/2023 5:36 PM ET

Hi to all!  

Back to wish for paper napkins...fall, halloween, any design.  

Anything with a positive or encouraging statement.  I'm facing something and  I need all the positivity I can get right now.  :)

Thanks for reading!  I will try to fill some wishes too.  Happy Fall!

kevinsbebe avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/2/2023 5:52 PM ET

Hello everyone. This month I'd like to ask for bookmarks. I collect them and haven't had any new ones in a long time. I love handmade ones, or ones from the store are fine too. I like just about everything but would love some fall themed or halloween themed, christmas, anything with four leaf clovers, really just anything. Thanks so much and hope you all have a great day!

nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 10/2/2023 6:17 PM ET

My wish this month is to "shower" my daughter with birthday cards with an added humorous AGE quote/poem/saying printed inside. wink

You can send it to Teri G, c/o me at my PO Box address and if you need more info, PM me. Sending cards thru Oct will assure that "The Snail" will get any cards here in time to celebrate in early Nov. This is to give her joy along with some humor/giggles to brighten up her special day. Even a hand drawn card from a child would bring her a smile (dealing with an empty nest). 

thank you all for your RAOKs and the time you take to spread joy to so many others with a request here. 

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/3/2023 3:35 PM ET

I'm looking for a few Halloween themed cd's. They don't need to be in the case as long as they can be mailed safely. Thank you in advance:)

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 10/3/2023 5:52 PM ET

I can use coupons for Arby's ( one item ones, not '2 for'), Culver's, Wendy's ( one item ones, not '2 for') or Panera's. They are helpful for the several days a week when I volunteer and have to grab lunch out. 
(we will be gone to Colorado from 13th - 21st)

Lambie avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/3/2023 6:04 PM ET

I'm hoping for information.  Has anyone bought the cut rate priced forever stamps online?  I've seen several places that offer 100 stamps for under $30, including on Groupon. I know a lot of places are said to be fakes but I also know some people say they buy them with no problem. 

Anyone with first hand experience?

Please PM me with any info. Thank you. 

Last Edited on: 10/3/23 10:40 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 10/4/2023 7:27 PM ET

I am looking for a dressy top to go with palazzo pants that are black for a wedding.  I have ordered several and none of them either were sized correctly or were not the vivid colors shown in the pictures.  I have tried Flycurvy, Catherines, Woman Within, and some other site that I can't remember.  Anyone have any ideas where to try for a dressy top/blouse.  I normally wear a 2x but I am finding nothing is standard size wise.  Thanks for your help.

blubonnet1 avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/6/2023 9:02 PM ET

My niece, Sophie, has just been diagnosed with ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia).  She will be in the hospital for the next 5-6 weeks for the initial phase of chemo, etc.  She is only 17 years old and has down syndrome, but is highly functional.  She lives in Anchorage, Alaska.

I would love to send her an avalanche of "get well" wishes to her.  Would any of you like to send a card?

You can send to me and I will forward to her.

PM for my address

Thank you

blubonnet1 avatar
Limited Member medal
Subject: Update on Sophie
Date Posted: 12/8/2023 12:11 PM ET

Sophie came home last month and was going back & forth for chemo treatments.
Last week she had particularly nasty chemo treatment and got a fever and was rushed to the ER.  They thought she might have an infection because she has a central line right next to her heart.  No infection found.  They have kept her in the hospital as her numbers were not high enough to go back home.
On Tuesday of this week she had a seizure.  They ran all kinds of tests and everything came back okay.  They think she had a side effect of the last chemo treatment.
Yesterday, she was back to smiling and is talkative.  She's very tired obviously and sore as she feels like she pulled every muscle in her little body. Hopefully she goes back home next week.