Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Health & Fitness Forum Health & Fitness Forum

Topic: November 2022 Health and Fitness Support

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/12/2022 9:49 AM ET

Lisa, I hope your toes are alright. Hope you get to enjoy your cruise as well.

Margaret, you're doing great. Keep it up.

I changed up my food plan somewhat and as of this morning I'm back down to 238.3., so over 4lbs. down. I just need it to keep going in this direction now.

Have a great weekend everyone.

ShaylaB avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 11/12/2022 5:13 PM ET

Lisa-how are your toes? That sounds awfully painful!

I weighed in today at 124.8 which is down a pound since the beginning of the month. I was looking back at my log sheets & the lowest I've been this year is 123.4...not too far off from that now. Hope to get back to that by the end of the month.

frogslady avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Ok
Date Posted: 11/12/2022 10:56 PM ET

Doing ok at getting to bed and weight is not going up, so ok.

Lisa, hope your toes are better!

LDN avatar
Lisa N. (LDN) - ,
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/13/2022 7:18 AM ET

Last post before I head out on the cruise. 

Update on my foot - Very bruised, but maybe I didn't actually break anything.  Still swollen though and painful.  Fortunately in sandals or my "wide toe box" tennis shoes, I can walk okay.  Maybe not up for a hike, but I'll manage.  Taking my heels for the dressy dinner nights, but if I can't wear them, the sandals will have to do.  I think it's a little better each day though, so I suppose I'll survive.  Crummy timing though.

I weighed this morning for my official weekly weight and am up 1.8#.  Not too surprising.  I'm up and down in this 2-3# range (154-157).  Actually haven't been quite to 154 and not quite to 157, but I need to break that 154 barrier and bring the 'hover range' down a bit.  Was 156.2 this morning.  A week on a cruise ship will make that hard to maintain, let alone actually lose anything.

I'll check back in when I'm home (the 21st).

Wishing y'all well with your goals.

schnauzer-mom avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/13/2022 7:35 AM ET

Lisa, Bon Voyage!

Last night I started coughing around midnight and ended up propped on the sofa. I took some cough syrup for the cough and Mucinex for the nasal congestion. Woke up at 4:30, went upstairs to my bed and slept another 2 hours. I didn't run the humidifier yesterday. Maybe that's why. Meggie faithfully followed me from place to place through the night. She's zonked on my lap.

It was 71 degrees yesterday! In November!!!!!  This weeks, we will return to more normal November weather, with freezing nights and possibly some flurries.

Last Edited on: 11/13/22 7:37 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/13/2022 9:00 AM ET

Have fun on your cruise Lisa. Glad your poor toes are better.

Teri, hope your cough is better and you're feeling better.

Shayla, you're doing great. Keep it up.

Margaret, you and I seem to stay about the same in weight. Are you going to do anything special this week to change things up a little?

I'm 237.8 this morning so down 4.4 lbs. Hoping it'll continue going down. I do hate the yo-yo-ing I do .

Hope everyone has a great week.

LDN avatar
Lisa N. (LDN) - ,
Date Posted: 11/13/2022 9:03 PM ET

Waiting for the ice show to start.  Just had a huge dinner.  Sooo good, but I will have to be more restrained if I don't want to come home 10# heavier.  Lol

Tired and I think I will be making it an early night.  Ice show over at 9:15 and I bet I hit the bed well before 10.

ShaylaB avatar
Date Posted: 11/13/2022 11:04 PM ET

2 wins today...

1) this evening a few hrs after dinner I was a little hungry & craving something sweet. Rob fixed himself a big 'ol bowl of ice cream....killing me! I did not give in. Instead I chose to grab a bottle of water & not sit in the living room where he was eating that. I busied myself with selling an item on Facebook marketplace, & no that item wasn't Rob. 

2) after brushing my teeth & washing my face this evening I decided while I waited for my face moisturizer to dry a bit I would take some time to stretch. I never make time for stretching even though I know I should. I know it's good for the body but it's a slow activity & I'm a mover & shaker so I don't like to slow down & do stretching activities. I really need to incorporate this into my week some more. 

Anyone else want to share some wins? 

frogslady avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Wins?
Date Posted: 11/14/2022 12:18 AM ET

Not exactly a win, but my post test for the research study is tomorrow. I'll be interested to see whether any of my numbers are better after using a Fitbit and having a health coach for 8 weeks. Weight isn't down, but that wasn't what I was going for anyway. I know my stamina is better! 

i also finally scheduled a therapeutic massage for Tuesday. I got them in KY as part of PT, but the PT I have here doesn't do them. I think I need the massage before I can work on strength. My shoulders are really messed up.

I need to go eat a little and then fast till my appointment tomorrow. Then I need to go on IF again. I took a week off because my app got all messed up last week and dropped the week I had already scheduled and started. I think it was because of the time change.

ShaylaB avatar
Date Posted: 11/14/2022 7:09 AM ET

Margaret-I think better stamina is a win! 

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/19/2022 9:58 AM ET

I agree, more stamina is a big win.

I'm down to 235.8 this morning so am down 2.5 lbs. since last Saturday. I just need to keep it going in the right direction.

ShaylaB avatar
Date Posted: 11/19/2022 12:42 PM ET

Good job Vicki! Keep it up, you're doing great :)

I went to the dentist Thursday & got a good report. I'm glad I made flossing daily one of my habits & adding brushing at night to my nighttime routine. I think it has been beneficial. I've always been a brush in the morning & floss once in a great while person.

LDN avatar
Lisa N. (LDN) - ,
Date Posted: 11/20/2022 7:50 AM ET

Good morning friends.  Ship is docked in Galveston, so except for breakfast on the ship, my cruise is over.  Guessing I am up 4-5 pounds, but I will weigh tomorrow morning to get the official bad news.

Back to my disciplines today though so I should see the gain drop off in the next week or 10 days.

You're doing great Vicki.  And, Margaret, I agree that more stamina is a win.  Keep it up.

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/24/2022 8:56 AM ET

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!! Hope it's a wonderful one for you.

I did a couple trips this morning and now plan to watch the Macy Day Parade on TV.

I weighed in this morning at 236.7. We'll see what happens between now and Sunday.

schnauzer-mom avatar
Date Posted: 11/24/2022 9:40 AM ET

Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm also watching the parade. I said to heck with it and enjoyed a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast. 

LDN avatar
Lisa N. (LDN) - ,
Date Posted: 11/24/2022 11:12 AM ET

Happy Thanksgiving friends.  No parade watching here, just baking.  I'm having such a good time making all the goodies to send to family and to give to friends as Christmas gifts.  My favorite part of the holidays is baking, although I always eat too much of it myself.  Starting late this year so am skipping the freezing part and just baking and then mailing off to family - hopefully mailing early next week. :)

I did eat all the leftover chex mix that I made yesterday and the scale reflected that this morning.  :(   But, I knew it would so I have nothing really to complain about.  Will hope to do better today.

Enjoy the holiday everyone.

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/27/2022 7:24 AM ET

It's been a nice weekend so far and I'm weighing in at 234.1, so just slightly under a 3 lb. loss for the week and 2.7 lbs since since Gobble-Gobble Day. So I did very well with my eating. I've even eaten pie every day since Wednesday but I allowed for the extra calories by watching what I ate elsewhere. I just really want to keep the numbers going down as they are.

LDN avatar
Lisa N. (LDN) - ,
Date Posted: 11/27/2022 7:36 AM ET

Good morning.  Great job Vicki.  I especially like how you are balancing the pie calories with cutting back somewhere else.  A great example of how we can indulge and still stay on track with our goals.

I was .4 pounds up from the Sunday two weeks ago when I left for the cruise.  I'm okay with that since I came back about 4# heavier.  In this "season of eat," I really need to remember to balance out the calories, so thank you for the example Vicki.

Since I went on the cruise I've struggled to get back in sync with several of my new habits.  This week I want to really focus on doing that.  I especially need to get back to the gym and limit sweets/dessert to 2x a week.

Not sure if I can think up a new habit for December or not, but if I just keep reinforcing the eleven new habits I put in place, I will feel successful.  I'll try to think of a new habit for December though so that I finish the year with 12 new habits.  :)

Have a good week everyone and 'stay focused and on track.'

schnauzer-mom avatar
Date Posted: 11/27/2022 8:54 AM ET

I'm at 201, down 49. Of course, I was sick and missed Thanksgiving but I'm getting better, looking forward to the leftovers my friends saved for me.

LDN avatar
Lisa N. (LDN) - ,
Date Posted: 11/27/2022 4:53 PM ET

Yeah Teri.  You'll break that 200# barrier soon.  You've done great.  Glad you are feeling better too.

ShaylaB avatar
Date Posted: 11/27/2022 5:53 PM ET

Great job everyone!

Teri-next time you "report in" you'll be under 200 lbs & 50+ lbs lost! Good for you!

We had Thanksgiving Wednesday night with my parents, left for Ohio Thursday mid day. We went up for the Ohio State v. Mich game on Sat. Got home today. We won't talk about how Ohio State lost nor will we talk about how awful the eating was. I do look forward to weighing in tomorrow as it will be alarming & just what I need to get my rear back in gear.

ShaylaB avatar
Date Posted: 11/28/2022 3:15 PM ET

Weighed in the a.m. at 126.2. Not surprised & it did jump start me getting back at working out. Did a workout in the garage gym this a.m. 126.2 is exactly what I weighed on 11/6...so I'm basically back where I started this month. If I can maintain or lose a little...just not gain over the holiday season I'd be happy. I don't want to see 127 again though.

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 12/1/2022 5:21 PM ET

November 1st. I was 240.5 lbs.

December 1st. I am 235 lbs. So I had a loss of 5.5 lbs. for the month of November. I would have preferred losing more but that's a doeable monthly amount so can't complain, especially when there's a holiday in the month. Hoping to do as well, if not better this month.

englishmaven avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 12/1/2022 7:59 PM ET

December thread is posted.

December 2022 Health and Fitness

Page: