Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Travel, Adventure

Topic: Niagra Falls info needed

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
DuskyRose avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Niagra Falls info needed
Date Posted: 5/1/2010 10:19 PM ET

DH and I have just decided to visit Niagra Falls for our vacation. We don't have any dates yet, so I've got time to do research. Probably can spend anywhere from one to five days, if we find a lot of things we want to do/see.

We plan to drive up since it's only about 450 miles. Any advice on where to go and what to see?

I know just from looking around that the various packages can be very confusing. Especially since so many don't want to list their prices, but have you call instead.

We're not picky about hotels since we're hardly ever staying in the rooms for long, and don't mind waking a bit.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/12/2010 12:16 PM ET

If you want to go over to the Canadian side make sure you get a passport. NYS customs is getting really strict. The Canadian side is certainly cheaper for eating and for places to stay.

Depending on your interests, you can drive up to Marineland which is northeast up the lake, or into Buffalo for the various museums there. The Naval Museum is quite interesting if you like that sort of thing. You can even tour a decommissioned sub and guided missile cruiser.