Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: ***NOV WISHES****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: ***NOV WISHES****
Date Posted: 10/31/2023 7:56 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.  To protect your privacy, please do not post your addresses in these threads - we prefer that you ask people to PM for your address.  Thanks!
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted, etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, postage, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for bookssince books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 10/31/2023 9:05 PM ET

Please say a little extra prayer for me on November 20th.  I have my five year check-up for cancer and can stop taking all meds if all is good.  I think all is great but who knows what the docs will say.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/1/2023 9:10 AM ET

Prayers for foot pain recovery this month ahead! Prayers always first and foremost for our world to choose to go forward in life with kind faith and compassion, together. 

Please see my updated Share and Care and CMT Dad Postcard Surprise Posts from 11-21

Items I could use: Thanksgiving and religious Christmas stickers. I could especially use stickers that say, "Happy Thanksgiving," or "Merry Christmas." No abbreviations please for Christmas or symbols for letters. Other sticker wishes are for Happy Birthday and winter. Please no glitter or stinky stickers. From Dollar Tree: Super Play Pad Jumbos Activity Pads. I respectfully request as always anything sent to me comes from a no smoking home. 

Thank you all always for the faith, joy, and friendship you spread every day! 

God Bless You. Happy November :) 

Last Edited on: 11/21/23 10:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/1/2023 9:28 AM ET

I know this is end of month but I'm down to my last 3 sheets of blank address labels so if anyone has any black sheets (30 to a page), I could really use them. Thanks so much.

Last Edited on: 11/27/23 11:43 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 11/1/2023 9:23 PM ET

Prayers please.  I have a doctor's visit tomorrow that has me stressed.  Thank you! 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/2/2023 12:01 PM ET

Nov.wishes:Thanksgiving cardsw/envelopes,notecards,colored envelopes

jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/3/2023 7:07 PM ET

November wishes are happy mail.  I start some treatments on the 22nd and I could use some encouragement.   

I always love paper napkins of any design.

A few fall or Christmas stickers would be great!  

Happy FALL!!! 

nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 11/4/2023 7:56 PM ET

our family wishes for coupons for eating places; BK, Wendy's, Subway, Arby's ~~ any places really which would give us all more options~~ 

If you happen to have one coupon or a sheet, we all would be grateful for any you care to send. Also I would be grateful for any Kroger coupons too. 

Thank you all who look and appreciate all those who send out each month~~ Happy Holidays ahead~~ 

Last Edited on: 11/4/23 7:57 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/6/2023 10:53 PM ET

Here's my wishes:

1. Any kind of fall washi tape 

2. Fall/harvest scrapbook paper or paper in general 

4. A dark orange or dark red gel pen 

5. A fall themed lip balm

6. Coupons any you have extra of including store coupons 

Thanks for reading. Post your unique wishes and who knows I might be able to help you out.:)

Last Edited on: 11/12/23 4:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Sheeplady avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 11/7/2023 9:12 AM ET

Please keep me in mind if you get those checkbook size date books some charities send out. I'll need one for sure and maybe 2. Thanks

Wish granted, thanks!

Last Edited on: 11/25/23 8:48 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
kevinsbebe avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 11/7/2023 9:30 PM ET

This month I would like to ask for anything Fall themed/Thanksgiving themed. It's my favorite time of year. Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving as well. Thanks!

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/8/2023 2:13 PM ET

Wishing for some gently used Christmas cd's either in the case or not. I like jazz, blues, classic, instrumental, rock, country, pop, indie, alternative, etc. Enjoy listening to them while either decorating the tree, cleaning, cooking, reading or just chillin'. Thanks much!

Also some Christmas or New Year's themed scrunchie's.

Last Edited on: 11/25/23 6:50 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 11/17/2023 9:08 PM ET

Does anyone have a Ladies large Ugly Christmas sweater they no longer want?  

The owner's wife was coordinating the Christmas (not holiday) party this year and decided on an Ugly Christmas sweater contest.  Since I'm Jewish, I was not going to participate in the contest.  However, she now has to be out of town on the day in question (12/15) as she needs to care for her mother who is having some kind of minor surgery.  I've now been put in charge and feel I must participate.  

I really don't want to have to buy one if I don't have to. 

I found an ugly Christmas sweatshirt for cheap at Goodwill. 

Last Edited on: 11/26/23 10:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/21/2023 10:36 PM ET

Please check out my updated as of  tonight, 11-21, Dad postcard surprise posts in CMT and Share and Care--thank you. Happy Thanksgiving to all :)

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/27/2023 11:43 AM ET

Updated my wish list above.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: This thread is now closed!
Date Posted: 12/1/2023 12:07 AM ET

This thread is now closed.  Please use the December I Wish thread to post your requests for those items you need in a hurry, or haven't seen in your area in years, or just would like for comfort.  Thanks!