Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - USPS Postal Regulations USPS Postal Regulations

Topic: Media Mail rates will increase by 9%. Rates will start at $3.49 (previously

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
JRS75 avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Media Mail rates will increase by 9%. Rates will start at $3.49 (previously
Date Posted: 6/17/2022 11:57 AM ET

Rates going up again!

riksny avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/17/2022 12:00 PM ET

Remember when it was less than $2?

nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 6/18/2022 11:51 AM ET

I use Pirateship for most of my out going mail, my rural postal lady got me started with it over a year ago to save $$$ since I shipped out so many books & other mail. so this morning Pirateship sent all members this notice with new rates and NEW mail services;

USPS Rate Change July 2022 | Pirate Ship Support

lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/19/2022 12:57 PM ET

This was also discussed in a (link) post in CMT.

Last Edited on: 6/19/22 1:02 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/8/2022 12:06 PM ET

The price of a stamp is going up and will continue to go up every year.
The United States Postal Service is planning to increase the price of Forever Stamps from their current cost of 58¢ to 60¢ effective on July 10th, 2022. In addition, USPS is proposing to increase the cost of metered letters, postcards, and international mail.

the USPS has announced plans to raise the price of postage twice a year, every year continuing with another increase in January of 2023.  The services that will be affected by these twice-a-year price hikes include first-class mail, marketing (advertising) mail, periodicals, package services, and special services. 

In the past, inflation caps limited the USPS’s ability to raise the price of a stamp by keeping postage increases in line with inflation rates. But the Postal Regulatory Commission recently gave the agency additional rate authorities. This means we may be about to see historical price increases while the Postal Service tries to save itself from financial ruin, so get ready for a huge postage increase.

You buy stamps at a discount price at Costco.