Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: June Mysteries we are reading

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: June Mysteries we are reading
Date Posted: 6/4/2019 7:10 AM ET

What is everyone reading June?

I am reading a cozy right now  The Loch Ness Papers by Paige Shelton. Love this series set in Scotland. We are  dealing the take of Nessie in this one.

MartieKr avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/5/2019 9:37 AM ET

J ust finished Kitty Confidential by Molly Fitz on my Kindle. It was a cute cozy about a woman who almost gets electrocuted from an old coffee maker and when she wakes up, she can hear and talk to animals. She takes care of this annoying cat who was raised in luxury and gets her to investigate the murder of his mistress.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/10/2019 10:31 AM ET

bump

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/13/2019 9:27 AM ET

I am read The Throne of Caesar by Steven Saylor It is his latest in the Rome series. Excellent. Dialogue is wonderful. If you enjoy ancient Rome this is a great series

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/15/2019 10:08 AM ET

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

kathyk avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/19/2019 6:55 PM ET

Been reading the Inspector Lynley series by Elizabeth George, in order.

Now starting In Pursuit of the Proper Sinner, book 10..

Really liking this series.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 6/20/2019 7:44 AM ET

I finished an excellent historical mystery Delivering the Truth by Edith Maxwell.  First in the series set in 1888 Amesbury, Ma.  Very interesting about Quakers, midwifes and a good mystery. Highly recommend. 

Last Edited on: 6/20/19 7:48 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 6/22/2019 7:59 AM ET

Reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo.  Harry Hole is on the trail of a serial murderer in Norway.  Lots of twists and turns as the author follows the investigation.  Whew!  And I just finished updating my mystery/thriller challenge.

Last Edited on: 6/22/19 6:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/23/2019 9:14 PM ET

Our Lady of Darkness (Sister Fedelma) by Peter Tremayne. a psuedonym

MartieKr avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/26/2019 7:31 AM ET

Just finished The Woman Who Spoke to Spirits by Alys Clare and really enjoyed it. I thought it was a well written historical mystery and I liked the two main characters. I hope there's more to come.

Spuddie avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 6/26/2019 9:36 AM ET

I am just about to start Getting Old Can Hurt You by Rita Lakin. The Gladdy Gold series was dormant for quite some years, which made me sad, as it's one of the few sort of cozy series that I liked, so I'm quite looking forward to this! There's now two new ones, this one and one later. Maybe the appeal for me is that the protagonist is "elderly" (although as I get older myself, it's hard to think of 75 as really elderly. LOL) Gladdy also has a bit of an attitude, which of course I can relate to as well. laugh

Other recent June mystery reads: Anatomy of Evil by Will Thomas (Barker & Llewelyn), A Rustle of Silk by Alys Clare (Gabriel Taverner) and The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths (Ruth Galloway). Also continue to read quite a bit of fantasy, sci-fi and paranormal, and still enjoying a few 'sagas' like The Irish Country Doctor series by Patrick Taylor. 

Happy summer, everyone!

Cheryl