Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: July Postcard Swap – Closed

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/27/2023 8:15 PM ET

Same error message here from me, too, Jeanne and Nancy. Thank you for trying Yvette! I'm so glad you did have fun! I gaven't been a fair probably since when I lived in a small town in Northern, CA! I never have (I don't think) been to any of the ones out here. One day, I should do that ;) 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 7/28/2023 4:42 PM ET

Thanks to Patrice for the lighthouse pc from Ponce Inlet, FL. -- not sure if I have been there or not. Will have to look it up to confirm. 

justcyn avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/29/2023 11:05 AM ET

Many thanks to Ani for the Australian s'mores postcard!

englishmaven avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/29/2023 1:40 PM ET

I received a postcard from Ani with a photo of an Australian cattle drive. I love to watch cattle dogs work.

I also received a postcard from Patrice. Cocoa Beach always makes me think of "I Dream of Jeannie".

I also mailed the last of my cards for July. I'm going to start working on my August cards.

nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 7/29/2023 2:11 PM ET

thank you to Jeanne for the night time view of Savannah pc. we've not gotten that far south in GA yet. but it's on the bucket list. glad you all had some fun at the beach too. PS; stamps looked great on my postcard, all were cancelled too. laugh

pickles8 avatar
Date Posted: 7/29/2023 6:01 PM ET

Melissa E sent me a lovely letter about her travels to Beaufort, SC and the area of the Spanish Moss Trail and the Intracoastal Waterway. Thank you for your reflections.

Patrice sent a card of Henry Flagler's private railcard No. 91--a "palace on wheels" built in 1886 in Wilmington, Delaware. We took the Amtrak auto train from VA to Orlando and traveled through Wilmington and Bear, DE, going to Maryland and Virginia. Thank you, Patrice.

Many thanks to Jeanne for having sent a postcard of River Street in Savannah, a scenic, historic area with great food! 

pickles8 avatar
Date Posted: 7/29/2023 10:20 PM ET

Nancy L sent a colorful card of a red River Lily. Lilies were the favorite flowers of my grandmother, her name was Lillian and she loved white lilies and my mom loved yellow. I like tiger lilies and I'm hoping to grow some next year.

Nancy D and her husband sent me a card of Seven Falls and the staircases down the canyon walls in South Cheyenne canyon, Colorado Springs, CO.Thank you very much.

Last Edited on: 8/1/23 6:39 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
nandip avatar
Date Posted: 7/31/2023 7:40 PM ET

thank you to Patrice for the greetings from Miami pc~~ hope you are getting some cool breezes down there~~ I saw that the shore water temp was warm~~ 

thank you to Lynn for the gorgeous Niagara Falls at Railbow Bridge pc~~ if we ever head to the New England states, that would be on the bucket list to see. 

NancyAZ avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/31/2023 8:49 PM ET

A lot of the cards I sent  seem to be MIA.

I received a card from Lynn with a beautiful picture of Kaaterskill Falls in the Catskills. She visited Watkins Glenfalls State Park several years ago. Thank you for the beautiful card!

I received a card from Ani. I can't seem to put my eyes on it at this moment but it was a funny card about the pitfalls of retirement.  Thank you Ani!

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 7/31/2023 9:27 PM ET

Me too, Nancy.  Of the 16 I sent, only two have been recognized here. Any west of the Rockies could still be traveling but that doesn't explain the others that should have arrived by Sat or today at the latest. 

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/31/2023 10:19 PM ET

Than you Ani - Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo / Biloela Queensland Australia

Thank you Nancy L - Monticello dining room/Jefferson

Thank you Jeanne - Savannah Georgia

Thank you Patrice - Cocoa Beach, FL 

Thank you Lynn - Lake George, NY 

rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2023 5:08 PM ET

Thanks to Jeanne for the Myrtle Beach card. Hope you enjoyed your beach trip. :-)

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2023 6:36 PM ET

Thank you Melissa E. for the picture of you and husband visit to Beaufort, SC and mini note sheets. 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 8/1/2023 7:05 PM ET

Well 6 pcs I sent have arrived now. 

melange avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2023 3:56 AM ET

Straggling in here with some belated thank yous:

Thank you, Nancy, for the Monticello postcard - my parents took us there as children and it was so impressive. It's been hot as heck here too. Reading and enjoying a cold drink sounds like the best way to pass the time.

Thank you for the pretty Florida postcard, Patrice. Cocoa Beach looks amazing. Glad you got to visit with your son.

Jeanne, thank you for the "low country boil" postcard - yum! All my favorites. Savannah and Myrtle Beach sound like lovely places.

Thank you for the interesting Einstein card, Lynn. I had no idea he played the violin. I have a feeling he was pretty talented at it. Anyway, great photo!

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2023 11:04 AM ET

I received a Buster Keaton postcard from Lynn.  What a great face! 

Lambie avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2023 8:32 PM ET

I apologize to everyone that did not get thanked here. I kind of got sidetracked by my day-to-day. I'll do better in August. 

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 8/3/2023 9:06 PM ET

A postcard from Patrice today from Dry Tortugas National Park.   It sounds fascinating and Patrice hopes to visit one day.  It sounds like quite the adventure just to get there! 

goddessani avatar
Date Posted: 8/5/2023 7:24 PM ET

More postcards today!  Cyn sent me one from Old Stone Fort Archaeological Park in TN and Towana shared her expierences from Portland, ME! 

Page: