Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Health & Fitness Forum Health & Fitness Forum

Topic: July 2023 Health and Fitness

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/30/2023 11:45 AM ET

I'm starting the new week at 255.5 so still down 7.1 lbs since the 22nd. I'd love to be under 250 by my birthday, Aug. 20th. See how it goes.

frogslady avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Well path
Date Posted: 7/30/2023 6:23 PM ET

Technically if I was on schedule with The Well Path, I would be starting week two today. But, I was subbing at church all week and didn't make much progress. I think instead trying to do all of a given week I'll try to make a little progress in each area,

C circulation: week 0 was to buy lemons. DONE. Week one was to start drinking hot water with lemon juice first thing in the morning. Because I had to be at work at 8 am, that didn't happen, so I'm on week 1. Also I wasn't sure about lemon water  with thyroid meds in the morning. From what I have just now researched, that's not a great idea. So it will be thyroid meds first thing, then lemon water an hour later.

H hunger: week 0. Keep hunger journal. Week 1. Keep up the journal. Well, I just don't think I need this as much as the other categories. I have gotten much more tuned in to my actual hunger through intermittent fasting.

A activity: week 0 was supposed to be keeping a log of sitting time. I didn't. Too embarrassing! But I know I was more active just because of thinking would would go in the journal!

N nutrition: week 0 was to pick two of her soup recipes and make them. So far I have bought the ingredients! Week 1: eat soup for lunch every day.

G general health: week 0 nothing. Week 1: if you aren't getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night go to bed 15 minutes earlier. I didn't get that much sleep last week because I got up so much earlier than usual. So I'll watch it this week.

E exercise Week 0 plan exercise for next week and get an exercise buddy. I found a friend who will go to Planet Fitness with me. Now we just need to plan times. Week 1: actually exercise! Oh, I almost forgot: I did do some prep for this; I got some shorts for exercising in. I only had one pair.

Last Edited on: 7/30/23 6:29 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/31/2023 7:59 AM ET

More power to you Margaret. I honestly couldn't do all that. It would have me thinking constantly of diet and that's the worse thing I can do. My biggest downfall is having too much sodium. Until yesterday I had done well all week. But I'm up today thanks to pimento cheese yesterday. I know it's just excess fluid so am not posting todays weight. I'll post tomorrow to start out the new month.

englishmaven avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/31/2023 4:38 PM ET

August 2023 Health and Fitness

Page: