Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - The Writers' Forum The Writers' Forum

Topic: ISO Writing/Editing Buddy

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Vitallia avatar
Subject: ISO Writing/Editing Buddy
Date Posted: 5/21/2014 7:38 PM ET

I am looking for a writing and editing buddy.  I have several pieces that need a final critical eye before I submit them for journal publication, and I can't seem to see my own flaws.  I'm a strong copy editor, I have worked professionally as an editor for individuals and for a law firm in the past.  I hold a Master's degree in English Education and am versed in both MLA and APA citation styles.  I've taught creative writing, composition, and other writing classes in the past.  I'm currently pursing my Ph.D. in English Education, which means I need to publish and publish often.

Basically, I'm looking for someone who will actually critique my work.  I'm looking for someone to check in with about where I'm at with a piece every now and then.  I'm not getting that from people around me.  I just get "oh, that's a nice piece, you should publish it."  I want to know what I need to fix, I want brutal honesty.  If you are looking for the same from a writing partner, I'm your gal.  I love writing, and I enjoy doing it.  I just want to find a writing partner that will help keep me on track, and I'll do the same for them.  

Send me a PM if you would be interested in being writing/editing buddies.  

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/18/2014 12:51 PM ET

I've sent you a message, and I'm responding here just to keep the post active. I imagine having a writing/editing buddy would be something a lot of writers need.

I studied Creative Writing in undergrad and have done workshops/critiques before. So, I know how to do the don't-tell-me-it's-good-tell-me-how-to-fix-it advice. 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/18/2014 8:27 PM ET

I also sent you a PM a while back Vitallia and will send you one now Heidi.

ladyopaque avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Greetings
Date Posted: 6/2/2020 11:29 PM ET

I would be interested in doing this if you'd do the same for me.  wink    I need an editing buddy who is also brutally honest.