Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Homeschoolers' Corner Homeschoolers' Corner

Topic: Geography through stamps

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Geography through stamps
Date Posted: 5/25/2020 6:58 PM ET

I will gladly send a packet of Japan 62 yen stamps and a packet of Malawi stamps to interested PBS comrades.  (More to follow as I sort them).  

Explanation:  Working two peon jobs in the mid-1990s (to vest for very modest retirement benefits) was stressful and a friend at the weekday job said she found working with stamps restful.  
The USPS sponsored the Ben Franklin Stamp Clubs and I ordered some high quality kiloware with the intention of sorting it out and giving it to such collectors.  The best way for a kid to collect is to make one's own album (hopefully using paper with low acid content) and begin with one page for say 'P' and mount there Poland, Paraguay, Peru, and Philippines.  If several stamps of one country turn up, say Philippines, make a page for that country alone and remount those stamps.  During the months when other activities and interests prevail, leave the whole kit and caboodle neatly in a box to be taken up later.  The USPS dropped their program before I ever dispatched any stamps. 

lamplighter avatar
Date Posted: 6/12/2020 1:36 AM ET

If anyone is collecting US stamps, I'd be happy to send a crossword puzzle to the first person who asks for it. The envelope will have assorted stamps on it. For free - 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/14/2020 7:30 PM ET

Is this still available? I would love it if it is. Let me know either way please. Thank you!

lamplighter avatar
Date Posted: 7/14/2020 8:37 PM ET

Hi Joysong,

Yes, it is!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/15/2020 1:25 AM ET

Thank you! I sent a PM with my address.