Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Chick Lit Chick Lit

Topic: February - What Are You Reading?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
omalleym avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: February - What Are You Reading?
Date Posted: 2/10/2012 12:50 PM ET

It's February! What are you reading?

I am about 50 pages into "There's Cake in My Future" by Kim Gruenenfelder. So far so good!

berd avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/10/2012 1:33 PM ET

I'm almost halfway done with Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin.

It's been good but I think I liked a couple of her other books more (Something Borrowed & Something Blue).

GainesvilleGirl avatar
PBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 2/11/2012 5:48 PM ET

I just finished the last of my Mary Kay Andrews' books. I'm still waiting for the newest to appear, and have yet another on my wish list. I thought they were great. There were a couple that weren't quite as good as the rest, but in general I found her books a lot of fun to read. Good beach/pool reading, and wonderful help in chasing the blues.

Bev (just back from the cruise) Hirsch

Last Edited on: 2/11/12 5:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/15/2012 6:57 PM ET

Just finished Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews (liked it - I agree with Bev: "wonderful help in chasing the blues") and I'm 1/2 way thru the Audiobook of Jill Mansell's Thinking of You.  Love Jill Mansel - great British Chick Lit!

berd avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/23/2012 1:34 PM ET

Just finished Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin. I ended up really liking it.

I'm about to start If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster. I hope it's good!  It's the first book by her I've ever read.

~ETA~

I can't seem to get into If You Were Here. I read 100 pages of it last night & it's really dull & not funny to me. I have read a lot of mixed reviews on it. I guess I'm on the side of the fence of not liking the book much! sad

Last Edited on: 2/24/12 3:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
jjameli avatar
Date Posted: 2/25/2012 1:01 AM ET

I'm halfway through Bet Me by Jennifer Cruise.  I'm really liking it, especially loving Cal.