Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - 2009 Resolutions

Topic: Family First

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Cageme avatar
Subject: Family First
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 12:30 PM ET

It has been my pattern over the past 60 years to put Family last.  I mean.. my parents when I was a teen and as a young mother, my husband and children.  I have been fortunate, for all of my family members have matured as loving and caring family to me.  Now I am semi-retired and I have much more time to be available for elder-care, and childcare and companionship.  During the year of 2009.. I resolve to weigh all opportunities and always give power and time to the family.  This will be a new break-through for me.  I thank God and all the powers that be for our good fortune and now I will be showing that gratitude to those of my blood and my influence. I have been selfish but my cutting off emotional ties is still a mystery to me.  I think now.. letting go of the past is the first step.  2009 offers a fresh new life to four generations.

Cageme avatar
Subject: 4 years later
Date Posted: 4/5/2013 3:50 PM ET

This is going to be my one and  only journal. I am in pain from my foot problems and need to visit a Podiatrist. I need to see about probable surgery by having a shunt inserted in my head to drain cerebrospinal fluid from the brain to other parts of my body for a condition "Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus" (NPH).  Also have a trip planned to Disney World in Orlando Florida in September.