Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Horror

Topic: dexter book series ending?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
meadow27 avatar
Subject: dexter book series ending?
Date Posted: 9/28/2013 4:02 PM ET

hi all srry if this has been asked before but i was wondering if or when the dexter book series will be finished? thanks

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/28/2013 5:09 PM ET

The most recent book in the Dexter series, Dexter's Final Cut, book 7, was just released Sept. 17.  If you're asking because the series has ended you should know that the two are completely separate entities with the series pretty much straying completely from the books by the third season.

meadow27 avatar
Date Posted: 9/28/2013 5:45 PM ET

I'm ok with it being different, I like the character and wanted to read the authors' version as the shows' version dissapointed me. I'm still watching season 6 so no spoilers please! Is there any indication that book 7 is the last of the series?

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/28/2013 6:30 PM ET

I didn't see anything in the write-up that would indicate the book series is ending, despite the title. The title refers to Dexter going to Hollywood to do some advisory work; this is not a spoiler, it's in the book synopsis and I have not read the book yet.