Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Crafting

Topic: Any Decorative Painters Out There?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Subject: Any Decorative Painters Out There?
Date Posted: 1/27/2021 9:03 PM ET

There was a time when decorative painting was "The Thing" and everyone was taking lessons or even trying it on their own. There were just tons of Craft Shops selling supplies for painters and there were numerous Craft Shows to sell your creations. Unfortunately, that all seems to be in the past. I've been painting since the mid 1980's and even taught it for a while. And I'm still at it!  I paint to sell for a local craft shop and still really love the craft. There doesn't seem to very many of us out here today and I was just wondering if anyone else who reads this forum is still painting. Authors seem to no longer be putting out painting books and pattern packets. Patterns now have to be purchased from Etsy or The Decorative Painting Store. Painting Conventions have all but disappeared too due to lack of interest.  Please post here if you are still painting and creating!

Linda

sundew avatar
sundew - ,
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 5/5/2022 7:46 AM ET

Hi Linda, 

I have a friend in Connecticut that does this.  She gifted me a small secreatary type desk with a door at the bottom. She painted it to match my bedroom with colors of sage, pink & lavender.  She does still sell her items. I decided to fill the secretary with my beading supplies and I love the thing.