Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Chick Lit Chick Lit

Topic: Debbie Macomber

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
brittanysiqueira avatar
Subject: Debbie Macomber
Date Posted: 7/30/2014 1:46 PM ET

I've recently started reading some of her work and I am hooked! I'm on the Blossom Street Series & Awaiting the next two in the series I've ordered. It's easy reading, but it's real-life situations and I think she does a great job doing what she does with her writing.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/5/2014 10:42 AM ET

I enjoy her books too. Her Cedar Cover series is great, I believe 12 books plus extra christmas specials. Hallmark has a TV show based on the books. After reading Blossom Street consider The Rose Harbor series, she just started them last year and is on book 3 "Love Letters" coming out this month. Her books are really enjoyable and like you said realistic. Her christmas Angel series are great too and Hallmark made a few movies based on them "Mrs. Mircale." 

brittanysiqueira avatar
Date Posted: 8/10/2014 6:17 PM ET

Yes, I've Recently Posted New Books so that I Can Get the Rest of Her Blossom Street Series LoL!!

mblisa avatar
Date Posted: 1/3/2015 12:12 PM ET

I really enjoy books by Debbie Macomber, and have been collecting her books for about 7 years.  =)

Have you read "Mr. Miracle"?  

darkcoffeeclouds avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: I love the Blossom Street Series
Date Posted: 12/14/2016 9:30 PM ET

I started reading that series a long time ago and only just realized there have been more books put out that I missed.  I have been requesting them on here so I can have the complete series.  Starting next year I want to start reading the series again from the beginning and read through them all.  There are certain ones that I have read a lot.  I usually don't keep books once I've read them but I started missing the first few I read and ended up having to get them again.  

mblisa avatar
Date Posted: 1/1/2017 11:11 PM ET

Donna, Were you able to find the books that you are looking for? 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 5/10/2019 2:44 PM ET

Anyone read One Simple Act, published in 2009?  Recommended to me as a church book club read.

mblisa avatar
Date Posted: 5/10/2019 10:18 PM ET

Jeanne,  I have a copy of One Simple Act.  I have started reading it, but I have not finished it yet.

It's a great book, and I'm enjoying reading it.  

Have you started reading it?  =)