Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - USPS Postal Regulations USPS Postal Regulations

Topic: 'We Care' - here's the empty envelope

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Sherry avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medal
Subject: 'We Care' - here's the empty envelope
Date Posted: 9/12/2020 10:41 AM ET

Just got this in the mail - it was supposed to be 4 books, but all I got was the wadded up envelope in a PO baggie sad  It looks like plenty of packing tape was used, but a machine shredded it all up.

At least the sender used PBS postage, so they still get the credits.  I marked it 'received-empty envelope', so it looks like I wait until it times out.

PBS Help Center says to submit a request to the PO to look for the contents, but that seems like a big waste of time - 4 books with no identifying information - how would they possibly know where they belong?

rainbowgirl28 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/13/2020 11:52 AM ET

Yeah, sorry, the odds are not in your favor :/ 

The key with shipping books is that whatever it is being sent in has to be TIGHT around it. If the books can move at all, the odds of the machines damaging the packaging are much higher. If they are in a box, all empty spaces should be filled so that they cannot move. 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalBox-O-Books medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/13/2020 9:58 PM ET

I am going to fill out the form tomorrow and will keep you posted as I hope they get found, because this was one of the sets that the post office hadn't scanned (see my post above).  I am not asking for credits, just letting you know the status on the form.  
Theresa