Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - USPS Postal Regulations USPS Postal Regulations

Topic: Not Being Scanned?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
ericah avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Not Being Scanned?
Date Posted: 3/4/2020 2:48 PM ET

I mailed a PBS package on Monday, March 2. I handed it directly to the mail carrier when she pulled up to my workplace. Nonetheless, two days later, both PBS and USPS say the post office is still waiting for the package.

Occasionally, a package will take lonegr than expected to be scanned, but not usually this long (and not usually when I hand it directly to a human). Has something changed in the way packages are scanned, or should I contact the post office to see what's going on?

Alameda avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/13/2020 11:36 PM ET

Same but diffferent here - sent a DVD using printable postage from NC to WA - never ever got scanned until it was delivered...

1. 2/27/2020 9:35 PM ET - - HAVELOCK, NC
  2. 2/29/2020 4:50 AM ET - Electronic Shipping Info Received - HAVELOCK, NC
  3. 3/6/2020 8:21 AM ET - Arrival at Unit - ATLANTA, MO
  4. 3/6/2020 8:32 AM ET - Unknown-OF - ATLANTA, MO
  5. 3/6/2020 1:05 PM ET - Delivered - ATLANTA, MO

I even went to the USPS Tracking site and nothing....I even sent a note to the receipient letting them know that it was sent but?????finally after 6 days on the road I found that it had indeed been delivered....I think this was a USPS screw up and not the fault of the group that works with PBS and SwapaDVD when using Printable Postage...kinda lrft me on the limb for near a week!

Recommend that you hang tight for a week (give or take).See if it shows up at the destination.

Last Edited on: 3/13/20 11:37 PM ET - Total times edited: 1