Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Crafting

Topic: Anyone else doing smash books or art journals?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
seaspiritnw avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Anyone else doing smash books or art journals?
Date Posted: 7/26/2013 12:31 PM ET

I scrapbooked for years then got out of it. Now I am really into making smash books and art journals...I also crochet..but really loving the books. Anyone else doing anything like this?

ladystyx avatar
Date Posted: 9/18/2013 10:14 PM ET

I am Trying.... Finding i love the Creativity but sometimes have trouble with the journalling and keeping it going. Tend to Go in starts and Stops.

Love that i can Play with so many mediums in one Book.

LAdystyx

patmat avatar
Date Posted: 9/27/2013 9:40 PM ET

I am SO in to SMASHing right now! Also have branched out into making mini albums, paper bag albums, and chipboard albums thanks to the many wonderful YouTube videos that are available. Do you use the traditional SmashBooks or are you making your own? I have not made my own yet, but really want to give it a try.

AZmom875 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 11/23/2013 11:33 PM ET

I havent started one yet.    I made one to trade on swapbot and gave it to my swapping buddy, it was cute.   I also got a book about how to make them and have seen some tutorials on you tube.    But I dont plan to use the store bought smash books.  I want to make some of my own creations or one from swaps.

So I know in my smash book area, I do have a smash book started by my partner from that swap bot swap.   I would like to so some health realated smash books.  I have been saving the paper bags from my pharmancy prescriptions.   I thought it might come in handy. 

Generic Profile avatar
Shelly -
Date Posted: 11/25/2013 11:15 AM ET

What's a smash book?

WingsPawsNMagick avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/17/2014 12:47 AM ET

i do these 

patmat avatar
Date Posted: 5/20/2014 7:21 AM ET

Shelly- it is a "anything goes" kind of scrapbook. The sort where you pick a blank journal, notebook, or one of the commercial SMASH books and you just put your favorite things in it. Such things may be newspaper clippings, pics from magazines you like, journaling your thoughts, recording a favorite trip, anything goes. It is fun to flip through and to just be free to put whatever you want to in it.