Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: 2022 Cozy Mystery Challenge Discussion Topic

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 10/28/2022 7:13 AM ET

I am reading a very enjoyable new to me cozy author/series

Dead on the Vine by Elle Brooke White

Set on a farm in Calfornia. Love the pig named Horse in the book. Lots of good farming discussion.

Bama-Booklover avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 11/9/2022 12:59 PM ET

I just added maybe 12 titles to my cozy challenge.  I was reading multiples in series for one of the contests with the train reading challenge.  Mission accomplished.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/10/2022 6:21 AM ET

I finished In the Dog House :: V. M. Burns   3 stars out of 5.  It was an okay cozy first in the series. The dogs were fun in the story. I thought she could have done more with inlaw family. The murder itself was pretty easy to figure out. Main character has room to develop over the series.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 11/11/2022 7:14 AM ET

I am reading Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie for one of my goodreads  cozy mystery groups. I haven't read an Agatha Christie book in several years. I forgot how good of an author she was. The writing style is much better than many of the modern cozy writers (They are not silly). This book features Hercule Poirot, I like Miss Marple too. Just thought I would share my thoughts:)

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 11/22/2022 8:01 AM ET

New 2023 challenge is now posted

2023 Cozy Mystery Challenge

MartieKr avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/22/2022 9:10 AM ET

I love Agatha Christie, Alice.  I read all her books when I was in high school as my mom got me started on them.  My very favorites are Pale Horse and Son of the Endless Night, two different sort of mysteries from Agatha.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 12/2/2022 7:03 AM ET

I finished my book Bookmarked for Murder (Mystery Bookshop) :: V. M. Burns  4 stars out of 5.  This book is numbe 5 in the series. Well constructed cozy. Set in Michigan the day after Christmas to New Years. I like that Ms. Burns uses many senior characters and makes them vibrant with active lives. They are complex and well written. She does an outstand job writing about the elderyly minature poodles, Oreo and Snickers.  She owns poodles herself and the books show it by what they do and the care needed. Very good series but I recommend starting with books one The Plot is Murder. 

Bama-Booklover avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 12/15/2022 11:06 AM ET

My 2022 challenge list is probably complete for the year unless something pops up I need to read in 2022.  See you in the 2023 challenge.

Page: