Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: 2020 Cozy Mystery Challenge Discussion Topic

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/21/2020 6:39 AM ET

I am enjoying a new to me author and series.  A Spell for Trouble by Esme Addison.  Fresh approach. Beautiful cover art.

MartieKr avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/21/2020 8:36 AM ET

Just finished a delightful new cozy set in Egypt in 1926:  Murder at Mena House ( A Jane Wunderlay Mystery) by Erica Ruth Neubauer.  Jane and her aunt travel to Egypt for a luxurious vacation but Jane ends up becoming a suspect when a murder occurs at their hotel.  Looking forward to the next in the series.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/21/2020 8:42 AM ET

That one is on my WL Mary. Hope to see it in a VB or game:)

MartieKr avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/22/2020 7:29 AM ET

Unfortunately, Alice, most of my books are on Kindle now. The family buys me a subscription to Kindle Unlimited every year and my library has so many wonderful new cozy mysteries on Kindle or epub that I don't have that many regular books.....hence another reason I'm not in many swaps anymore.  I still love reading regular books but reading on the Kindle is so much easier on these old eyes.

Last Edited on: 11/22/20 11:37 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 11/24/2020 9:22 AM ET

I finished Here comes the Body by Maria DiRico.   First of a new series, new author. Set in Queens. Lots of Italian Schlick but good story. I will try book 2 when it comes out.

Page: