Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Biographies & Memoirs

Topic: 2015 TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION NF CHALLENGE

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: 2015 TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION NF CHALLENGE
Date Posted: 6/23/2015 8:44 AM ET

I miss this challenge and as I near the finish of the biographies challenge I find I want to do another.  Is anyone else interested?  If so, let's put together listings that make sense for us.  I'm envisioning a mini challenge at this point.

Last Edited on: 6/23/15 11:32 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/28/2015 5:52 AM ET

I think we will have to acknowledge that this forum is pretty much dead. you notice my post was the twelfth person to look at your post in the last 5 days. not exactly a lively place.

susank17 avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/28/2015 5:24 PM ET

I'd participate!  I liked last year's and I read a lot of nonfiction that isn't biography. Some science, history, how-to, religion/philosophy, current events, etc...

Reading Deep Down Dark about the Chilean mining disaster.  I could see it fitting here. 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 6/30/2015 11:42 AM ET

I think this forum is dead only if we let it be dead.  Susan, if you and I are the only people to participate so be it.  Maybe eventually we'll get others to be involved too.  Some of my finest reads are nonfiction.  What categories would you like to read?  How Many categories should we tackle?

susank17 avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/1/2015 1:53 PM ET

REK, I sent you a PM, but basically, include history and I'm good with a wide variety of categories.