Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Money & Business

Topic: "Underground Church"

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 10/27/2008 9:29 PM ET

Nope, never heard of the freedom church, but I'd be careful - cults pop up everywhere and this could be one.

As far as Sunday evening services, every Baptist church I've ever been in has had them; ours does.

doulachic avatar
Date Posted: 11/7/2008 1:10 AM ET

I sang this at church a few weeks ago.  Awesome song!  I think Josh Turner's voice is MUCH better than mine though.  ;)

www.youtube.com/watch

Destructa avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/9/2008 10:44 PM ET

Just curious...sorry if this has been explained to death but I haven't read all the pages of stuff on this post. I came in to the Money & Business forum because, surprise, I have a need for some Business books. Why is there an "Underground Church" and a "Hideout"? Do the Religion forum and the Christian Books forum have bedbugs?

doulachic avatar
Date Posted: 11/10/2008 12:38 AM ET

Jax--Some friends and I had another thread in M&B a long time ago...when I decided to start this one, I just came here out of habit.  There isn't any other reason.  It's just for fun, and to remember that there are actual "underground" churches in other countries that have to hide because of persecution.

doulachic avatar
Date Posted: 11/29/2008 1:05 AM ET

I came across this and thought it was pretty cool.  :)

home.att.net/~sheryl2/FLASH/SEASON/ScriptureTreeChristmas.html

BlueInk avatar
Date Posted: 1/3/2009 9:12 PM ET

This is one of my favorites:

Jeremiah 29:11-14 (New Living Translation)

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen.  If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord.

CozSnShine avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 3:04 PM ET

Michelle - that verse kept me going for the months after my husband's death.   And still gives me hope and comfort for my future.

doulachic avatar
Date Posted: 1/7/2009 4:10 PM ET

Michelle, that is one of my favorite verses, especially lately.  :)

TheSampleLady avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/17/2009 8:53 PM ET

::::tip-toes in::::

:::whispers::: hi everyone.

:::::tip-toes out::::

CozSnShine avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 1/18/2009 7:20 PM ET

Read this one is church today and it spoke to me. 

"So too the Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance."  Romans 8: 26

I find there are times I don't know what prayers to offer and I feel lost in a sea of uncertainly.   I need to come back to this verse now and then to remeber it.

doulachic avatar
Date Posted: 1/18/2009 10:00 PM ET

We are studying John 3:16 for the next few weeks.  Today's sermon was amazing.

::hi michelle::

Moonpie avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/19/2009 8:14 PM ET

Please add a young woman named Shelly  to your personal and church prayer lists.  She is in her mid 30's and just discovered a melon size growth in her abdomen. 

The x-ray dept. said it looked like cancer.  A blood test should be back tomorrow that tells for sure.  Monday she will be having a hystorectomy no matter how it turns out.

This is very hard on her and her family.  Please pray for her healing, and physical and spiritual strength.  She is such a sweetheart.

Thank you

Page: