Family : Everyday Stories About the Miracle of Love
Family Everyday Stories About the Miracle of Love Author:Mary Pesaresi, Samantha Glen When two women decided to write a book about family, they asked friends and relatives to contribute brief stories. But soon, word-of-mouth spread and hundreds of stories flooded in from strangers all over the world! And stories are still coming. — In their new book, Family: Everyday Stories about the Miracle of Love, c... more »o-authors Samantha Glen and Mary Pesaresi share the best of these collected stories. Any reader, any member of a family, will relate to the 60 testimonies that vividly reveal the joy, heart-ache and wisdom that come along with belonging to a family.
• U.S. Olympic Gold Medal winner Mark Hendersen teaching children (in a big brother sort of way) to believe in themselves
• A 32-year-old stockbroker crediting his mother for teaching him what life's all about
• Through his father's passion for horses, a man learns the value of truly living life
• Watching time afflict the body and mind of her father, a woman realizes the cycles of life
• A 15-year-old daughter complimenting her mother and father's differences
• A man reflecting on his big brothers; they tease him to death, but sure loved him
A tribute to parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends, Family celebrates an institution often taken for granted in today's hectic world -- The institution of family. Just in time for the holidays, it comes along to restore faith in humanity and to let readers know there really are a lot of decent people out there ... people who are members of families!
About the Authors
Samantha Glen is co-author of Out of Harm's Way (Pocket) and has written numerous articles for Writer's Digest and Organic Gardening. Mary B. Pesaresi is an accomplished playwright and has provided scripts for the American Bankers Association's conventions.Power of Family Love.
Family: Everyday Stories About the Miracle of Love has been awarded the Family Channel Seal of Quality Award -- a new standard for excellence in the entertainment industry! An independent panel of family entertainment writers identifies worthy products for their positive, wholesome nature and their rich, enduring entertainment value.
To see other Family Channel Seal of Quality items—theatrical releases, television programs, video and computer games, on-line services, CD-ROMs, videos, music, live entertainment and vacation sites, visit /The Family Channel.« less