Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: received book probably meant for another.

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
roxanne3 avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: received book probably meant for another.
Date Posted: 12/10/2023 3:52 PM ET

RCVD Rag Doll in the Attic (Annie's Attic Mysteries)
by Jan Fields
From Lynn Rowinsky
Request ID 879874400
How can i ask her Who it should go to?

B

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 12/10/2023 6:18 PM ET

Try the member directory but I warn you there are at least 50 Lynns. You can narrow it down by adding her town/state  from the return addie on the mailer. You can also click on the 'contact us' button below and explain the situation to TPTB who should be able to help.

Good luck. 

BlackPanther avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 12/10/2023 6:46 PM ET

It's likely that Lynn meant to send you another book.

Check your other books on the way and see if Lynn is the sender.

Then PM her to see if she switched the mailing labels.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 12/10/2023 10:50 PM ET

I made that mistake back in the summer. Was wrapping 5 book packages at same time and apparently one mailing label got switched for another. One person was very understanding and sent the wrong book back to me so I could send it on to right requestor, but the other caused problems for weeks and I had to get TPTB involved to get her to do what she promised in her PMs. 

Last Edited on: 12/11/23 5:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Patouie avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Approver medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 12/13/2023 8:20 PM ET

What Carol said:

It's likely that Lynn meant to send you another book.

Check your other books on the way and see if Lynn is the sender.

Then PM her to see if she switched the mailing labels.

Check both your books en route to you, on your main My Account page, and your Transaction Archive. (Sort your Transaction Archive by "Books Requested by Me --> All Transactions -- Date --> Descending".) Look at your recent transactions, which will be at the top.

If you don't find Lynn that way, contact the Admin Team by going down to the bottom right corner of any page, and underneath "Company" click on "Contact Us" and use the Feedback option there.

Kudos to you for trying to get the book to the person who ordered it! The Help doc that covers this situation is titled "I received a book I didn't request!"